January 30, 2020

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The prosecution put several witnesses on the stand Monday, including day care workers and the father of the victim, all alleging a pattern of abuse that was observed before Aniya Day-Garrett’s untimely death.
Close
Subtitle Settings
Font
Font Size
Font Edge
Font Color
Background
1:35
3:04
en
Skip
Aniya Day-Garrett murder trial: Sierra Day looks on as testimony paints unsettling picture
Sierra Day and Deonte Lewis who are accused of aggravated murder in the death of 4-year-old Aniya.
A day care worker, during emotional testimony, said Aniya came in one day with a nasty cut on her nose. The worker asked Aniya what happened. “She said ‘Mommy pushed me,’ and I said ‘Mommy pushed you?’ And she said ‘Down some steps, mommy pushed me.’ ”
On another occasion, the day care worker noticed dried blood and blisters on Aniya’s head. “She said ‘Mommy hit me, mommy hurt me.’ She just kept saying over and over, ‘Mommy hit me, mommy hurt me.’ ”
The day care worker at that point insisted the day care director call the police. Aniya was eventually taken to Euclid General Hospital where Cuyahoga County social workers and the police questioned Sierra Day.
Another day care worker, who also worked as a babysitter, testified that Aniya showed up at her home with a black eye. “I asked Aniya and she was straightforward: 'Mommy hit me.” Sierra Day, when questioned, blamed the baby sitter for the injury.
Sierra Day quietly listened to the testimony all day, and silently shook her head

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Don't Really Wanna | Official Music Video | Nia Sioux

 By Brian Duffy | March 4, 2019 at 11:07 PM EST - Updated March 4 at 11:07 PM CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The prosecution put s...